STEADFAST IN SHARING
A. How Do We Grow?
1. We continue steadfast in doctrine.
2. We continue steadfast in fellowship.
3. We continue steadfast in the breaking of bread.
4. We continue steadfast in prayer.
B. We Must Also Be Steadfast In Sharing.
Body: 2 Corinthians 9: 6 - 11
I. Their Example Of Sharing.
A. Acts 2: 44
1. They were together and had all things in common.
2. Sold goods and possessions.
3. Divided among all, according to need.
B. Acts 4: 32, 34, 35
1. Did not claim possessions as own.
2. Sold houses and land.
II. The Corinthian Gift (2 Corinthians 9: 6 - 11).
A. How white is the harvest? How much have you sown?
B. God gives us the seed. God gives us the provisions.
C. The Math of Sharing.
1. God gives to us as we give to others.
2. The more we give, the more we get.
3. The more we give, the more thanks God gets.
4. God is glorified by our obedience.
A. To the Rich (1 Timothy 6: 17 - 19).
1. Watch out for pride (Boasting about whose things?).
2. Be ready and willing.
3. This is the right preparation for the future!
B. To All (Hebrews 13: 16).
1. Do not forget!
2. This is how we sacrifice today.
C. An Admonition (1 John 3: 16 - 18).
1. Not sharing comes from a closed heart.
2. The love of God does not abide!
A. Have You Checked Your Heart Lately?
B. Have You Compared It With The Bottom Line Of Your Financial Statement?