STEADFAST IN PRAYER
A. How Do We Grow?
1. We continue steadfast in doctrine.
2. We continue steadfast in fellowship.
3. We continue steadfast in the breaking of bread.
B. We Must Also Be Steadfast In prayer.
Body: Mark 13: 31 - 36
I. Why Pray?
A. God already knows what we need.
B. God already knows what we say, think, and do.
C. What reason is there to pray?
II. The Command.
A. Romans 12: 10 - 12
1. It is "taken for granted."
2. This is a checklist of Christ-likeness.
B. Ephesians 6: 17, 18
1. We are to pray always in the Spirit.
2. We are to be watchful in prayer (Luke 22: 46).
C. Colossians 4: 2
1. We are to continue earnestly.
2. We are to be vigilant in thanksgiving.
D. 1 Thessalonians 5: 16 - 18
1. Rejoice, pray, and give thanks.
2. This is the will of God.
III. The Outcome of Prayer
A. Mark 13: 31 - 36
1. Prayer is a vital part of taking heed and watching.
2. Keeps us focused (Luke 21: 33 - 36)
B. Philippians 4: 6, 7
1. Stress relief - get it "off your chest."
2. You will experience God's peace through prayer.
C. Jude 20, 21
1. We build ourselves up.
2. It keeps us in the love of God.
A. The Need For Prayer.
1. We must follow Our Leader's (Christ) Example.
2. How can we be close to God without talking to and with Him?
B. Continue Steadfastly In Prayer!