THE MINISTRY OF FATHERHOOD
B. Sound Doctrine.
1. Is to be taught.
2. Some things are proper and some things are not.
Body: Titus 2: 1 - 8
I. Ministry of Older Men (v. 2).
A. Reputable Character.
1. Sober = thoughtful, vigilant, able to function unimpaired.
2. Reverent, grave = honorable, honest.
3. Temperate = self-controlled in opinion and passion.
B. Healthy Spiritually.
1. Sound in faith = grounded, firm, sure of your beliefs.
2. Sound in love = be benevolent, affectionate, caring.
3. Sound in patience = cheerful, hopeful endurance, patient
II. Ministry of Younger Men (vs. 6 - 8).
A. Good Examples.
1. Sober minded = sane, sound mind, in your right mind.
2. Accomplish good works
B. True Christian Living.
1. A doctrine of uncorrupted integrity.
2. A doctrine of grave reverence and honesty.
3. A doctrine which is sincere, truthful, genuine.
III. Lead By Doing.
A. "Do as I do and say."
B. Show profitably of Christian living.
C. Encourage through being.
B. Fathering Is A Ministry
1. A ministry of leading by example.
2. A ministry of showing the way.
3. A ministry of "bringing up" children of God.