YOUR DEMONS BE GONE
A. What Frightens You Most?
1. Being in a big, dark building alone?
2. Being in an eerie cemetery at night?
3. Being alone and not knowing what is happening?
B. A Frightful Night For The Disciples.
Body: Mark 5: 1 - 20
I. A Frightful Night.
A. They feared for their lives (4: 35 - 41).
1. They had been caught in a terrible storm on the sea.
2. Some had been fishermen on this very sea and knew how to
handle the storms.
3. All (except sleeping Jesus) feared they were going to drown.
B. They land at a cemetery (5: 2).
1. No indication about time of day.
2. A man lived there who was possessed by many demons.
3. He runs to Jesus feet.
II. Demon Removal.
A. Our Demons Today.
1. Worry (One antidote Philippians 4: 4 - 9).
a. About financial situation.
b. About family, health, welfare, etc.
c. About happiness, peace, safety, etc.
2. Addiction (One antidote 1 Timothy 6: 6 - 19).
a. To alcohol, and drugs.
b. To image, respect, power, prestige, etc.
c. To possessions and money
3. Worldliness (One antidote Galatians 5: 16 - 26).
a. Greed, lust, envy, evil desire.
b. Hatred, prejudice, arguing, fussing and fighting.
III. I Am With You.
A. The man wanted to go with Jesus.
1. Jesus tells him no!?
2. Jesus tells him to spread the news of his change!
B. Jesus promises to go with us (Matthew 28: 20).
A. What Demons Are You Living With?
B. Let Jesus Get Rid Of Them!