HEART, SOUL, MIND, STRENGTH
A. Important to Remember God's Definitions.
B. How Should We Love Him?
Body: Mark 12: 28 - 30
I. Love God With Your Heart.
A. Luke 6: 43 - 45
1. To what are we devoted?
2. Where are our energies focused?
B. 1 John 3: 17
1. Loving God requires loving those He has given to us.
2. Loving them requires providing for their needs.
II. Love God With Your Soul.
A. Luke 12: 16 - 21
1. What do we long for?
2. What are we trying to satisfy?
B. Hebrews 10: 36 - 39
1. Our soul can be pleasured or pained.
2. Are we saving our soul?
III. Love God With Your Mind.
A. Ephesians 4: 17 - 21
1. Worldly thinking =futile, darkened, ignorant, lustful.
2. Christian = learned and heard Christ, been taught of.
B. 2 Corinthians 8: 12, 19
1. A willing mind.
2. A ready mind.
IV. Love God With Your Strength.
A. Ephesians 6: 10, 11
1. Be strong in the Lord.
2. Steadfast comes from wearing God's armor.
B. 1 John 2: 14
1. Strength comes from the Word of God.
2. We can overcome Satan!
A. How Do We Love God?
1. With all of our heart and devotion?
2. With all that is within us which lasts eternally?
3. With all of our thoughts?
4. With all of our ability?
B. Do We Really Love God?