THE BODY OF CHRIST
A. What Is The Church?
1. Why does it exist?
2. What is its purpose?
3. What does it do?
4. Why is it important?
B. Several Different Pictures - One Is A Body.
Body: Ephesians 1: 15 - 23
I. The Church Is The Body Of Christ.
A. Ephesians 2: 14 - 18.
1. Christ died to abolish separation.
2. The body is a place of reconciliation.
B. Ephesians 4: 11 - 13.
1. The body is a place of edification.
2. It is a place to grow together.
II. Christ Is The Head.
A. Ephesians 1: 22, 23.
1. God has placed Jesus in charge of everything.
2. Jesus is the head of the church.
B. Ephesians 4: 14 - 16.
1. We are to grow and increase in knowledge.
2. Christ supplies everything we need to grow.
III. The Body Has Function And Purpose.
A. Romans 12: 4 - 8.
1. We are one in the body with many different functions.
2. We have been graced with differing gifts
B. Colossians 3: 14 - 17.
1. We have been called to peace.
2. The Word of God must dwell in us richly.
A. The Church Is The Body Of Christ.
1. Jesus is the head.
2. We accomplish His purpose.
3. We have work to be doing.
B. If Christ's Body Is Not Working...[Lou Gehrig's Disease]?