WORTHY OF HONOR
A. Veteranís Day.
1. Honoring those who have sacrificed for their country.
2. Honoring those who have endured unspeakable things for our
3. Honoring those to whom we are indebted.
B. A Different Type Of Veteran.
Body: 1 Peter 5: 1 - 4
I. Honor Those Who Rule (1 Timothy 5: 17, 18).
A. They have taken on a tremendous ministry.
B. They are often placed in awkward circumstances.
1. Unable to speak of "secret missions," even to family.
2. Required to "perform emergency, delicate surgeries."
3. Able to endure the "crossfire from warring" groups.
4. Watching others while watching themselves.
II. Honor Their Authority (Acts 20: 28).
A. They are lead by the Holy Spirit to lead.
B. They are using their God given talents.
III. Honor Their Faith (Hebrews 13: 7).
A. They are examples to follow.
B. They continue to experience life and the difficulties of living
as a Christian.
IV. Honor Their Endurance (Hebrews 13: 17).
A. They labor accountably.
B. They experience tremendous joy and grief.
A. A Time To Honor.
1. Those who have sacrificed for our country.
2. Those who have sacrificed for our heavenly home.
B. How Are You Honoring Christ?
1. Are you trying to do His will and obey His Word?
2. Are you doing as you please with no real regard for Him?